Veteran Leadership Council (VLC) is:
- Growing the premier network of veteran leaders in business and government
- Facilitating opportunities for veterans to connect, network, and advance professionally
- Provide a veteran leadership voice in corporate America, government, and other organizations eager to engage with veterans
* VLC is not a VSO, political or partisan, everything to all veterans, or only focused on transitioning veterans
The VLC was founded in Chicago in 2014 by Bunker Labs CEO Todd Connor to be the foremost professional network for the current generation of veteran leaders and with the goals of:
- Establish, grow and maintain the premier network for veteran leaders in business and government.
- Organize robust opportunities for veterans to connect, network, and advance professionally.
- Provide a leadership voice for the current generation of veterans.
- Advance the veteran community, with a focus on current issues.
- Generate support from, and actively guide, the veteran discussion of corporate America, the government and other organizations eager to engage with veterans.
A 2015 Bunker Labs survey of transitioning veterans identified two critical professional gaps:
- A lack of access to professional networks
- Lack of civilian understanding of veteran skill sets
This resulted in under-selection of veterans in hiring and the hiring of veterans in sub-optimal roles.
To be the premier business network for veteran leaders.
Establish an authentic and relevant voice for the veteran leadership community by creating a national network of military veteran leaders in business and government through events hosted by our local chapters and partners.
Through the realization of our vision, we are:
- Driven by what is relevant, purposeful, and exciting to our members.
- Changing the narrative around veterans from one of a population in need to a population that is an asset and in demand.
- Serving as a distinctive partner for non-profits and non-veteran organizations seeking to engage veteran leaders.
- Serving as a thought leader for professional opportunities, distinctive veteran services, and best practices.
The VLC Ecosystem
The VLC has developed “high collision” environments that efficiently connect veterans with relevant stakeholders and resources.